Updating your Gladius seat the Philippine way

Ici vous pouvez trouver des infos sur les accessoires dédiés à la SFV 650 Gladius
(Tête de fourche, sabot, selle, pot, etc...)
davpag1
Pilote 50 cm3
Pilote 50 cm3
Moto : 2010 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius

Message par davpag1 »

Salut Gladius Riders

Let me clarify a few things so there are no misunderstandings.

Firstly, I'm a new member to this forum. You can read my first post in the section Nouveaux Members - Presentations - British Guy + Philippines + Gladius. This will give you more information about my bike, with photos. I did not post this to "sell" seats!

Secondly, my post about my seat was to show other Gladius members what riders are doing with their bikes in different countries. What you may not understand is that what you find easy to obtain for your bike its virtually impossible where I live unless you order from Europe or USA. But once shipping and import tax is added its far too expensive. So we have to come up with other ideas.

Now about the seat.....

Personally I love the design of the Gladius but the seat is awful. Too thin and the slope towards the tank is highly uncomfortable.

As the driver I found that I was always sliding forward so my groin was constantly pushing against the tank, making it ache and giving pins and needles in that area! Add to that the constant moving on the saddle to keep my arse from falling asleep.

A passenger felt unstable with the slope down towards my back, falling against me and having helmets constantly knocking against one another. The rear seat foam was not thick enough for long rides causing discomfort.

So I added foam to the middle and front part of my seating position to level out my slope which added a lot more rider comfort. Squaring off the rear allows greater comfort for the passenger and more importantly they don't fall forward against me unless they want to.

I suggest anyone who is truely interested in a new seat design for their Gladius should search via Google and see what is available and gasp at the price!

Whether you like or dislike the design/colour of my seat or whether you think more flair should of been added to the overall look, is a personal preference but I'm sure its far more comfortable than the stock one fitted to your bike.

Salut!
zonzon
Pilote 125 cm3
Pilote 125 cm3

Re: Updating your Gladius seat the Philippine way

Message par zonzon »

ErwanBZH35 a écrit : :mdr1:
Elle pourrait bien aller sur la moto de Sulu! :gene:

Kris could show you some pics of french Gladius tuning... ::d :gene:
Ptain... Tu as une façon tellement répugnante de faire des remarques sournoises blessantes et méchantes, j'ai rarement vu ça. Je sais pas quelle quantité d'aigreur tu renfermes en toi mais c'est franchement pas beau à voir.

Sinon pour davpag1, là chapeau pour votre sens de l'accueil. Le mec débarque, ne parle pas notre langue, et nous montre une fabrication maison de selle avec les moyens du bord, et vous trouvez moyen de vous foutre à moitié de sa gueule voire de sous entendre que c'est un vendeur déguisé... Chapeau franchement, sacrée ouverture d'esprit et sacré esprit motard, il va avoir très envie de rester je pense (oui je vous rappelle qu'il a google translate lui aussi).

@davpag1 : i'm sorry for things you read here, some people apparently have problems with homemade jobs, and maybe even with non french-speaking members, I don't really know. Anyway, you should know that your work is great, your complete description of the manufacturing process is very instructive and highly appreciated. Thank for your contribution :)
davpag1
Pilote 50 cm3
Pilote 50 cm3
Moto : 2010 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius

Message par davpag1 »

zonzon a écrit :
ErwanBZH35 a écrit : :mdr1:
Elle pourrait bien aller sur la moto de Sulu! :gene:

Kris could show you some pics of french Gladius tuning... ::d :gene:
Ptain... Tu as une façon tellement répugnante de faire des remarques sournoises blessantes et méchantes, j'ai rarement vu ça. Je sais pas quelle quantité d'aigreur tu renfermes en toi mais c'est franchement pas beau à voir.

Sinon pour davpag1, là chapeau pour votre sens de l'accueil. Le mec débarque, ne parle pas notre langue, et nous montre une fabrication maison de selle avec les moyens du bord, et vous trouvez moyen de vous foutre à moitié de sa gueule voire de sous entendre que c'est un vendeur déguisé... Chapeau franchement, sacrée ouverture d'esprit et sacré esprit motard, il va avoir très envie de rester je pense (oui je vous rappelle qu'il a google translate lui aussi).

@davpag1 : i'm sorry for things you read here, some people apparently have problems with homemade jobs, and maybe even with non french-speaking members, I don't really know. Anyway, you should know that your work is great, your complete description of the manufacturing process is very instructive and highly appreciated. Thank for your contribution :)
Thank you for you reply. My post was an instructive type which I thought might be informative to the forum members. I think that many people forget that up until the 1980s most "upgrades" to bikes and cars were homemade by inventive people and not supplied by big companies via the internet and large stores.

Anyway everyone has their own opinion of what they like. Its just a shame they don't see how my upholsterers skill is something that is disappearing.

Thanks again
lapince
Pilote Supersport
Pilote Supersport
Moto : BMW F800GT Orange, ex : gladius grise cadre rouge

Re:

Message par lapince »

davpag1 a écrit :Personally I love the design of the Gladius but the seat is awful. Too thin and the slope towards the tank is highly uncomfortable.
owh you think? :gene: It's like it was made of cherry pits :hehe:
For information, my seat with silicon insert cost me about 250/280€ (not home made but not from a big company)!!
So your home made one with this price is quite irreal! But really real for your but I think :gene: :mrgreen:

I don't like the design of the passenger seat but it must be a dream for him/her.
My girlfriend is always preparing mentally herself when she knows that we'll do a long travel. :hehe:
Gladinette
Modérateur
Modérateur
Moto : Gladius Pandora (Bleu/Blanc)

Message par Gladinette »

Je pense vraiment que vous êtes HS sur ce sujet.
Il sera donc verrouillé en attendant une décision entre modos.
Verrouillé